UDK 2015 + Simple Setup
THIS IS VERSION 1.3 *** This will be updated periodacally with new content as requested! ***
This download contains all UDK Toolkit/Files required for current Rocket League Modding:
- Unreal Development Toolkit 2015
- Rocket League Dummy Classes v3
- Rocket League Advanced Classes v3
- Rocket League Dummy Assets [Park_P Package]
- Rocket League Sticky Walls Material Example [StickyWalls_P Package]
- Rocket League UPK Decryptor
- Unreal Viewer (UModel)
- Unreal Explorer
- Asset Extractor
- Edited/Ready-to-Go Script Files [DefaultEngine.ini, StaticMeshActor.uc and Actor.uc.]
- Collisions KActor/Moving Interactor Ready Script. [PrimitiveComponent.ui] C
- Recommended Folder Setup (Added Workshop Maps, My Assets, RLTools Folder)
- Derzo's Template Map (Easy Starting)
- Mr. Swaggles Simplicity Map (Fully Developed Default Map)
- Wejrox/JimJom's One-Stop-Chop-Shop (Ripped Rocket League Assets)
Special Thanks to:
- whynotsteven (RL Modding Founder, the OG)
- glhglh (Collision Channels/Scripts)
- Mr. Swaggles (Author of Fully Developed Modding Guide and Simplicity Map Creator)
- ButterandCream (Creator of Rocket Launcher)
- KarlHeinzSchneider (Collision Channels)
- wejrox/JimJoms (Influential Map and Tutorial Creator)
- Derzo (Collisions, Guides, Custom Materials, In-Game assets, Template Map)
More Modding guides:
Fast/First Time Install Instructions:
- Install UDK 2015
- Use "Empty Game", Leave the name of your project as "Custom". (This will ensure all custom scripts properly work when being compiled.)
- DO NOT install any optional Services.
- After installation, DO NOT LAUNCH UDK.
- Now we need to edit DefaultEngine.ini which is located in C:/UDK/Custom/UDK/Game/Config. Right Click on it and Open With Notepad.
- Copy the lines below
- Place them below these lines in the config:
- So it looks kinda like this:
- File->Save, Exit Notepad.
- Copy all contents inside the "Copy_Contents_Inside_Step_1" folder and paste them into the "CUSTOM" folder located in C:/UDK/Custom. When asked, replace the 3 files.
- Run UnrealFrontend.exe located in C:/UDK/Custom/Binaries, Click on Script -> Full Recompile.
- Copy all contents of the "Copy_Contents_Step_2" folder and paste them into the "CUSTOM" folder located in C:/UDK/Custom.
- Run UnrealFrontend.exe AGAIN located in C:/UDK/Custom/Binaries, Click on Script -> Full Recompile.
- After it finished, Run UDK 2015.
- In Content Browser, Expand UDKGame under Packages, Expand Content, Right Click on the "Park_P" package and click Fully Load.
- Right Click on the "StickyWalls_P" Package and click Fully Load.
- (OPTIONAL) Open up DERZO's template map or Mr. Swaggles Simplicityv5 Map and begin modding.
- These are located in C:/UDK/Custom/UDKGame/Content/Maps
- Use all the tools located in the C:/UDK/Custom/Tools Folder! Lots of good extractors, viewers, decrypters, and explorers!
- Recommend downloading Blender if you want to get the full modding experience with 3D Model development. [Always Export Meshes as .FXP]
- You can test your maps using BakkesMod w/ Plugin Rocket Launcher.
- Enable CustomMaps in Rocket Launcher.
- In order to test those maps, I recommend "Save As" your .udk map to a folder called "mods" located in your (CookedPCConsole) folder.
- Using C:/UDK/Custom/UDKGame/Content/Maps as your main UDK backup folder.
- If you import your own meshes and/or create your own package, you need to right click and "Save" that package.
- Also, you will need to copy it and ensure it's located in your (CookedPCConsole) for map testing.
- You can open other workshop maps and see how they were created in UDK.
- You can find them in: C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappsworkshopcontent252950
- If you use any of their work, ensure you give credit, including the Template Maps!
JOIN THE SUPPORT DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/kHumFCG
1.1: Incorporated new PrimitiveComponent.ui and Simplicity v5 Map, fixed SRC Classes.
1.2: Fixed UModel, RL Decryptor. Added Unreal Explore, Asset Extractor, and Advanced Event_Sequences for Kismet.
1.3: Fixed File Structure causing issues, Added a new installation procedure with a 2-step compile process, added resources: One-Stop-Chop-Shop.